The two books for 360DRUMS are designed to use in combination. Place the book of beats on the left side of your music stand, the book of fills on the right side. Now, try to combine all you can. Start slow by using the slow play along tracks (drumless tracks) and increase your speed with 5 bpm step by step. An average student needs 4-5 years to be able to play everything in these books, starting from lesson one. A small glimps of the books can be seen below.
In this short movie (Dutch) I try to explain what the books are about.
Book one contains hundreds of exercises for beats, both easy to play and hard to play.
Book one challenges you with lots of different hihat-patterns.
Book two will help you with the fills, for rock and blues rock. It starts easy, but the difficulty is increasing rapidly.
Book two ends with 18 fill systems. These patterns will be used in bluesrock, 16th even feel, 16th triplet feel and 32nd note fills. It will help you to work on more abstract fill methods to obtain more flexibility and creativity in your own fills.
This list gives you an overview of the scope of the books.
BOOK ONE (A)
- chapter 1: rock (8th note beats)
- chapter 2: blues rock (12/8 and 8th notes)
- chapter 3: 12/8 and half-time shuffle
- chapter 4: adapting the beat
- chapter 5: 16th note beats (1-e-&-a)
- chapter 6: 4/4 and shuffle (triplet feel)
- chapter 7: 1-e-& on the hihat
- chapter 8: fast rock (4th note beats)
- chapter 9: 1-&-a on the hihat
- chapter 10: beat displacement
- chapter 11: 8th note beats with accent on the beat
- chapter 12: syncopated 8th notes on the hihat
- chapter 13: 8th note beats with accent on the off-beat
- chapter 14: bass drum modulation
BOOK TWO (B)
- chapter 1: fills in rock (on snare and two toms)
- chapter 2: fills in blues (on snare and two toms)
- chapter 3: fills in rock (with bassdrum added)
- chapter 4: fills in blues (with bassdrum added)
- chapter 5: mini fills
- chapter 6: big accents
- chapter 7: independance excersises as fills
- chapter 8: using swipes
- chapter 9: playing fill systems